Thursday, December 18, 2008

So I thought I'd try out blogging...

As the title says, I thought I'd give this a try. I have read some fun blogs by friends and acquaintances and I think this is a really great way to do some journaling that is fun and less work and mess than say, scrap booking. Which leads me to say that I was going to try that too but still have yet to do so. I like this better. I wonder if I can print my pages to keep in a book? That might determine whether this becomes valuable to me or not. So, as I titled my blog these are just a bunch of ramblings. Sometimes interesting, not necessarily frequent or consistent but that's okay. We'll see how things go. I'll write as I think of things and as my little midgets, sorry princesses, allow.



So a little bit about myself. I am a stay-at-home mom and currently NOT in school. But my husband IS - and has been for, oh, about 8 years of our 11 year marriage. Thankfully he is done this May, maybe, unless he decides to extend into the Summer (lets hope not). I told him he'd better run really fast if he goes back to school again after this program is done. Besides, it's my turn. :) Well, sort of. I'd like to not take too much on since we have small children at home. I tried that with Gabby when she was a toddler and it was hard enough missing parts of her development. Not to mention finding and affording childcare for her. But I would really like to go back to the County College and take some music classes. I feel this need to learn piano better. I think our ward could use a couple more pianists and I'm still barely at the Primary book level. The couple of pianists we have are burned out and busy. Plus I am really enjoying directing choir but I am learning as I go and would like to have more on my belt. I also had fun singing with the college choir a few years ago and would love to do that again. But who knows whether I'll be able to do these things or not. We'll see.



I have 3 sweet and very independent little girls. All with their own unique and lovely personalities. Gabby is the oldest at 7 1/2 and she's in 2nd grade. She is pretty smart too. She has been invited to take part in the gifted and talented program here and it looks like they'll get to do some fun and exciting activities over the year. Wish I could do some with her. Maybe I'll get to as I participate and volunteer there. Then we have Samantha at 3, almost 4. She definitely knows what she wants. She's more quiet and observant of her surroundings than G but she will let us know when she wants something a certain way. She's also fully into the princess/ballerina stage. I had plans to teach her home school preschool only because preschool is so darned expensive. I haven't started yet but plan to soon. Our youngest Katherine is 1 1/2 years. She hasn't hit the princess stage yet but is getting there. She loves shoes and can often be seen walking around in her mom's or grandma's shoes, pushing a little stroller around. She also loves phones. I give her Alan's old cell sometimes to play with but she has also been seen talking on remote controls and calculators. :) She's starting to talk too and it's fun when she's discovered a new word. Especially when upon uttering the word she gets what she wants more quickly.



(Whoa, random thing here. I love listening to Pandora.com when I am sitting at the computer. I just heard an ad! That's new! At least it was like 5 seconds. I'll forgive that.)



Well, that's all for now. I'm sure more will come up later but I'm gonna go play with the look of my blog and see what else I can do. (Oh cool, I knew I could add pictures but it looks like I can add video too)

4 comments:

  1. Hey...I'm glad you have a blog. I just got into it not too long ago, and it's addicting :)
    I think you can print into a journal. I know my sister, Meg just printed off a cute book she made on the computer for her little boy. But she knows a lot more about this blogging stuff than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your youngest is already into shoes and the phone...harbingers of her teenage years, perhaps?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica... Amy is right! Go to blurb.com. I don't know if they still do this, but I was able to upload my whole blog and put it into a book. I made one for Tru and just deleted all the posts that weren't about him. It's wonderful! I'm planning to do a book every year as our family journal. I did hear a rumor that they were letting you upload anymore but I'm not sure. Welcome to the blogging world! Welcome to hours and hours of your life being sucked into blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meg. I'll look into it or if you find out they no longer do it let me know. Maybe another place will allow it. I like that idea since this is also the first year I tried out the photo book thing. It took me hours getting my photos organized and memories pulled out of my brain. I like your idea and think that maybe now I can keep my family photos and journaling organized. Yes, I feel like I just might get sucked into this! :)

    ReplyDelete