Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fun Primary Song Activity

Today for music time I thought I’d try something completely different to help introduce a new song and to create visuals for the kids to remember the words. I assigned classes a line from the song and they acted out a still shot, or rather posed, based on the line they were assigned. I then took their picture. They seemed to enjoy it. Here are the edited pictures with the words to the song: “Seek the Lord Early”.

I’ll seek the Lord early while in my youth,

youth

And he will help me to know the truth.

(He’s pointing to a picture of a light bulb but it was too lightly drawn. I’ll draw one in when I print these out.)

truth

I’ll search the scriptures and find him there,

there

Then go to our Father in fervent prayer.

prayer2

I’ll seek the Lord early and I’ll obey His living prophets in all they say.

obeysay

I’ll keep his commandments; His love will abound.

(The poster is of the 10 commandments. It was hard to get these boys to show a little love. They seemed to be okay putting their hands on his shoulders and showing a bit of brotherly love.)

abound

I will seek the Lord early, and he will be found.

(This is my favorite of the bunch. It turned out well. And the look on the boy’s face. “He’s here, He’s found, no doubt about it.”)

Found

5 comments:

  1. p.s. I know the children's names. I realized reading this back that it seems that I don't. I just didn't want to post them as they are not my own kids and my blog is not private. I haven't had any problems with people reading my blog but just the same. I'm a little overly cautious sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I introduced that song on Sunday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO cute! I LOVE it!!!!! Great fun to see all the ward kids again too. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You would make an awesome full-time chorister! I wonder who they'll end up getting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest idea! If I'm ever given that calling again I'm going to steal your idea! I'm sure the kids just love it.

    ReplyDelete