Saturday, November 28, 2009

Animal! Animal!

I loved watching the muppet show as a kid. We would get to stay up to watch it which was a lot of fun for us. My favorite muppet is Animal. We found this video on YouTube and I absolutely cracked up when Animal came on. Not so much because he himself was funny. I already know his schtick. But because he reminded me so much of Katherine, our own little Animal. Cute and adorable and very much her own wild person.

Today Katherine did something that strengthened my opinion that she and Animal are kindred spirits. She’d been standing at the top of the stairs calling to Alan to come pick her up because for some reason she just didn’t want to go down the stairs all on her own that time. He was ignoring her because his hands were full doing something else. She called out “daddy, daddy, uppy” a few times and then, being ignored, she called out with a much growlier and louder voice, not unlike Animal’s, “DADDY!! DADDY!! UPPY!!”

It cracked me up! I love that girl!

Anyway, enjoy the video. You may see some of Katherine in it.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite videos of youtube history! I saw it the other day and just laughed forever!

    ReplyDelete