Sunday, July 4, 2010

Blogging again – Gabby’s Birthday

May 2010 001

I have so many pictures and things that I wanted to include in my blog but I haven’t had the time to write much over the last few months. I have some time today so I’ll go backwards until I run out of time again.

This one is of Joseph after a yummy meal. I can’t remember why I took the picture but it is cute!  It was taken on Gabby’s birthday which must be why I had the camera out.

Gabby wanted to have a friend’s birthday party but since her birthday fell on a Sunday we couldn’t do it then. I still like to celebrate their birthdays on their birthdays when we can so I made her an ice-cream on her request with a special pan for filled cakes that we’d gotten from someone at church.

I think the cake turned out cute but I didn’t take it out of the freezer early enough so it was still icy when we tried to eat it. But still tasty!!

 May 2010 004  May 2010 006

May 2010 008

Here’s Gabby, 9 years old, enjoying cake with her family and her grandma who came by to share her birthday with us.

May 2010 009

I can’t believe she’s 9!

Later we had her friends birthday party. We had our first ever sleep-over! Oh my. It was quite, well, um, interesting. And fun too, especially for Gabby.

I made cupcakes, I think they turned out super cute!! May 2010 040

We got pizza, put out snacks, rented movies and set up the big screen (sheet) and projector and they watched movies, painted nails, put on skits, sang songs, teased each other, ran amok, and some of them even stayed up all night (because it was their first sleepover too and they thought that was the awesomest thing to do!) We were pretty exhausted the next day but it was fun.

May 2010 041May 2010 043May 2010 044May 2010 045May 2010 046May 2010 050

We had a pancake breakfast in the morning complete with chocolate chip pancakes, fresh fruit, orange juice and whipped cream. What a party! Unfortunately I was too tired to think about getting the camera out to take a picture of all the sleepy girls eating their pancakes but that’s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment