Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a dirty blog! or My new Mustang!

As I mentioned that I might in my last post here are the pictures from my first use of my dyson animal vacuum. I was amazed and pleased with how much dirt and fur it picked up. And the fineness of the dirt too. My rugs look cleaner than they have in a long time. They even look brushed where they were starting to matt. And my black rug isn't looking so gray anymore! Plus the vacuum was really easy to use and it wasn't a problem at all to dump the dirt.
So here it is: note the clumps of cat fur as well as the piles of fine dust:
The living room has only a small shag rug and most of it is covered up by a cedar chest.

The entry also has a small rug. Here's a picture of the entry so you can get a sense of the size:

The dining room was the hardest to get clean with my other vacuum. I was never satisfied with the job it did. But now look at the pile my new vacuum picked up and the rug looks so much better! It really got all that cat hair up!


Then the den where the kids play and snack.

Ewww!! Gross right? I vacuumed only 2 days ago! But I am so happy to know that that dirt is no longer on my floors! Ick! I think we'll all be breathing better soon.
So the thing looks like a toy or even space-agey but it really acts like a machine!! It is a Mustang of a vacuum cleaner! I think, like people name their cars, this one needs a name too. Have to think about that. Suggestions? Has anyone named their vacuum cleaner? (I know, weird huh?)

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally jealous! I'm DYING for a Dyson!

    I've never named a vacuum cleaner before. My little sister names cars, etc. but I just never have. If I have an inspiration I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to show Mike how much dirt it gets up and out of the house. :)

    I'm thinking of "Rosie" after the Jetsons robot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is pretty amazing!!! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete