Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cake and Cupcakes

Here is the cake I made for Samantha and Katherine's birthday party. I assembled and frosted it and Gabby and Samantha decorated it.

The finished product:

I thought it looked really cool with the candles glowing on it too!

I should note that the idea for the cake came from an issue of Family Fun Magazine. I love that magazine!

And here are the cupcakes for the Great to Be Eight fireside. I made the "8s" by rolling the back end of a large tip in fondant to make an 8 shape and cut holes in them with a large dot tip. Then sprayed the fondant with the Wilton food coloring spray and sprinkled edible glitter over the tops.


I had no place to store them at home before the fireside because we were set up for the party and I was worried Katherine would get into them. So I had Alan take them to the church Sunday morning. He left them in the kitchen and I put a note on top saying "Don't touch if you value your life!" Of course ending it with a friendly smiley - or a threatening grin. However you might interpret it. Mike Bramhall was helping to set up the refreshments that night and saw my sign. I think it scared him. He wouldn't touch them to set them out. Too funny! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment