Monday, March 22, 2010

Katherine is 3!

Katherine just turned 3 on March 13. She could not stop talking about her birthday in the few days before. She was very excited about it and it was on her mind because Samantha had just had hers.

We let her choose what she wanted for dinner and she chose pizza – decision helped by daddy I think. :) Although, it wasn’t a hard decision for her. She LOVES cheese pizza.March 2010 037

March 2010 038March 2010 040

I was planning on making her a butterfly cake but she decided she wanted chocolate birthday cupcakes with chocolate frosting instead. I happily obliged because 1. they’re chocolate! 2. they aren’t as much work and 3. they’re chocolate!March 2010 031March 2010 033

I think they turned out cute. I call them hot-chocolate cupcakes because of the mini-marshmallow on top (and in hindsight I am wondering what the frosting would be like if I’d used hot chocolate powder for the cocoa, hmmm). I put one on each cupcake because Katherine is our mini-marshmallow fiend. She is always searching the cupboard for them.

March 2010 035

We sang “Happy Birthday” and she blew out the candles.

March 2010 048

She opened presents.

March 2010 044

She got clothes and was very excited about it,

March 2010 049

A book and flashlight from grandpa. Gabby was, of course, more delighted by the book having checked it out from the library recently. It is “Where the Sidewalk Ends” by Shel Silverstein. It is a 25th anniversary edition with a CD of the author reading his poems. The Shel Silverstein books were some of my favorites as a kid Gabby’s age.

March 2010 051

She also got a Leap Frog Click-Start game console. This has a console that plugs into the television and a little keyboard and mouse like a real computer has. She is really enjoying it as she gets better at using it.

March 2010 057

March 2010 058

And a cute little dress for Spring. I love the vintage print and she likes the flowers all over it. She was very cute in it on Sunday.

March 2010 060

We ate cupcakes and ice-cream

March 2010 061

While Joseph looked on wondering where his was.

March 2010 059

She was quite a happy little Katherine! And she sure enjoyed those chocolate cupcakes.

Bliss!!

March 2010 062

March 2010 063March 2010 064

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love your hot chocolate cupcakes - if you try the hot cocoa mix in the frosting, I'd love to hear how it turns out. I'm thinking some Stevens Chocolate-Raspberry sounds yummy! Hmm, maybe I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete