Monday, March 22, 2010

Lepurcans

At school the kids really get into the little holidays that come around and their assignments focus on them. This is the story that Gabby brought home which she’d done for St. Patrick’s Day: (unedited)

It was the day before St. Patrick’s Day and I was making a sign. It said, “To lepurcauns. Do not come in.” because lepurcans do the oppisite of what signs tell them to do. Then I hung it up, but unfortenetly there was still wet paint. That night, while I was asleep, the lepurcan came, though I didn’t know it. When I woke up on St. Patrick’s Day, I saw little green footprints. I chuckled, got down from my bunkbed, and started following the footprints. When I got closer, Lava, one of my stuffed bears, started whispering. When I looked behind it, I saw a lepurcaun. I tried to grab it but it darted away and ran into the wall! Then I chased it down the hall and cried “You come back here!” He, of course did the oppisite. Then, an idea hit me. “Don’t come back here!” I said. He went tworrds me and I caught him but then he disapeared. “Oh well,” I thought. “Maby I’ll have better luck next year!”

Cute huh?

Today Samantha was thinking about leprechauns at lunchtime. I think she was gazing out the kitchen window at our rather messy sunroom. Then she started talking about walking around the house and being surprised by how clean things were and how would it get that way? This is her imagination of course. The house is not clean (I admit it…sigh…). She said that maybe a cleaning leprechaun would come. I told her I would LOVE to catch a cleaning leprechaun.

I also wouldn't mind catching one with a pot of gold too!

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment