Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Running, running…

October 4 2009  

Weather: cloudy (actually pea soup fog)    Feeling: awesome!

2.23 mi @ 13:25/mi

This was my first 20 minute run without stopping to walk. Riverton hill. I made it through but it was a little scary. Panic poked at me but I managed to keep my breathing steady. Nearly puked right at the end (sorry for the image!). But once I hit my cool down that went away.

Tiger Woods must have been with me on my run because he told me I beat my personal best for the mile. :) haha! Actually that’s a feature built into my Nike+ sensor. That was fun.

October 5 2009

Weather: sunny   Feeling: awesome! (but sleepy)

2.07 mi @ 13:18/mi

This really is a mental game! I'm constantly fighting my fear when I'm running. This morning I read Gabby's homework and the definition of conquer struck me: when you conquer something, such as a problem or a fear, you win against it and over come it.

October 6 2009

Weather: sunny     Feeling: awesome! (still sleepy, I’ve GOT to get used to getting up in the morning!)

2.3 mi @ 13:16/mi (Look, I’m getting faster!! And this was big hill day!)

I hate the Riverton hill! But, I have to remember the great feeling of accomplishment when I do finally finish running up it. It's great training for those hilly races like the one coming up. I'd like to NOT finish last and that's why I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment