Thursday, October 1, 2009

Go West Young Woman!

Lately our minds have been on the possibility of moving. I’m not saying that we are moving or even have prospects, there’s no announcement here.  But it could very possibly be something we would do within a year or two. We are always looking for better things anyway.

Last night we talked a little bit about what we want in a place that we would live in: good schools, good support system – family and friends, cheaper cost of living (New Jersey just isn’t cutting it for us!), a closer temple, other members of the church nearby, lots of places to explore with the kids…

I was thinking more about it this afternoon and found a fun little quiz online which I took. Here are the results:

YOUR RESULT: Go West, Young (Wo)man!

Clean mountain air and vistas are what you choose for that momentous "Where should I live" decision. Perhaps you love nature, an active lifestyle or the beautiful countryside a mountainous region affords. Whether you live in a city close to the mountains or nestled in a small mountain village, you have some great opportunities at your fingertips. National Geographic's recommendations ("Best Places to Live and Play: Mountain Towns") are: Montpelier, Vermont; Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania; Boone, North Carolina; Hood River, Oregon; Wenatchee, Washington; Hanover, New Hampshire; Missoula, Montana; and Gunnison, Colorado.

I thought this was really interesting because lately I have been feeling like I want to move west. I want to take our family out where we can explore, hike, camp and see much of the West’s history. Plus both of us have extended family out west that I really would love to be closer to and get to know and have our kids get to know.

Right now my two top choices would be Utah or Colorado. Utah first because so much family lives there. Colorado because I lived there as a child and have many fond memories. I would love to go back. Unfortunately, I’m not sure there is work in either place for Alan. But maybe we’re not looking in the right places. (Anyone in Utah have any great ideas?)

I feel there is change in the air but who knows what that will be yet. I guess we’ll wait and see what happens. Until then we continue to enjoy our time here on the East coast with our family and friends we have here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment