Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Budding Terrible Two-er

So this was my day yesterday. It seems lately Katherine is into everything. I should figure this out and keep a better eye on her! Duh!

Here she is after doing damage to the kitchen. She dumped the sugar and baking soda and two boxes of cereal. I was upstairs on the computer. I thought she was watching cartoons with Samantha. I guess she wanted a snack.

Aaaannnd, here she is later that night after a brief encounter with a bottle of vaseline. Oh my did she get it thick into her hair! I washed it two or three times with shampoo and then tried dish soap but that didn't work. It got some out but her hair still looked like a greaser's hair. Yuck! Boy did I feel hopeless about what to do.

So how do you get vaseline out of a toddler's hair? Lots and lots of baking soda and a comb. Dust and comb, dust and comb, dust and comb...dust...and...comb! I hear cornstarch works too but I didn't have any.







We left the baking soda in for a while and then daddy bathed her. I saw it wet and it looks so much better. Don't know if all the grease is out yet though and she's napping now. We'll see when she gets up and her hair is dry....
Update: Katherine is up and her hair is dry although it looks wet. But it's not too bad. It preserved her pretty curls really well. That's a plus. The minus is she's going to need at least one more treatment of baking soda...dust...comb...dust...comb. Shouldn't be too bad though. Nothing like we did this morning. (I hope)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You had quite the day! The joys of motherhood right?

    ReplyDelete