Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That's MY dress!

I went birthday shopping the other night and while I was in Target (I shop there way too much) I looked at all the pretty Easter dresses. Because I'm into house projects I don't have the time this year to sew their dresses. Well, I love for my girls all to match for Easter if I can help it. But I haven't been able to match all three of them yet. It's usually pretty easy to find matching dresses for Katherine and Samantha since they are only a couple years apart and due to Samantha's petite size, close to the same size for some things. Gabby is harder because she is 4 years older than Samantha. But, lo and behold! I found a really cute dress that had both Samantha and Gabby sizes! Unfortunately I couldn't find one in Katherine's size but upon further investigation of the dress I decided to get one for her in Samantha's size just to see if it would work for her.

Well, I like to keep the dresses hidden until Easter because otherwise my little fashionistas are constantly bombarding me with "Can I wear it NOW!?" but this time I decided to pull Katherine's out and try it on her just in case it really was too big (you know, so I could either take it in or take it back). It was a tiny bit long on her but not overly so. In fact it looked really cute and will do just fine, no alteration needed! And Katherine clearly loved it. Her face was just so bright to be wearing such a pretty little dress.

But then I was worried it wouldn't fit Samantha. And here is where it got funny!

I took the dress off Katherine and immediately had Samantha try it on before Katherine's very eyes. Okay, that was a mistake! Katherine instantly got jealous and possessive and just as I was putting the dress on Samantha, she ran up to her and started yelling and tugging on the dress and was just so upset that I was giving it to Samantha when she'd already claimed ownership of it. I mean really! It gave me visions of their teenage future and the cat fights that could ensue over clothing! But, because she's a toddler it was just too cute to get upset about. In fact it was hysterical and had me in stitches - this not even 2 yet kid tugging on that dress! I could barely get the dress back off Samantha, I was laughing so hard!

Well, I managed to assure them both that there are enough dresses to go around and once I got the thing put back in my closet out of sight all was happy again.

And, it fit Samantha just fine too, so yay! My 3 girls get to have matching dresses this year!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! One of my favorite things about girls is how much the LOVE to dress up. Bentley is not into it at all.

    Can't wait to see the Easter dresses! (I still haven't worked on Easter clothes for this year. Good thing it is in April this year)!

    ReplyDelete