Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And the verdict is...

 
It's a boy!!! :) Tonka trucks and matchbox cars, here we come!
 
We had a follow-up ultrasound today and we decided to take the whole crew. I asked the tech not to tell me until everyone was there so we all got to hear the news together. All are excited except, of course, Samantha who wanted a sister because she's still in her "I hate boys" stage. We are assuring her that she will love her brother. We also re-assured her that she is bigger than him so she doesn't have to worry about being trampled by him. (At least not yet...)
 
He is measuring almost 4 weeks ahead of what we think he should be! According to the tech, he's measuring at 34 weeks and a couple days and really (by the calendar) he should only be 30 weeks and 4 days (or according to the first ultrasound at 31 weeks and a couple days. Confusing? Yes!). That would put us at May 31 or there abouts. That's way off our sometime between June 21-July 1st date! So, I'm a little confused...Guess he's just a big baby!
 
This is a new adventure for us! I know how to take care of girls. What's a boy going to be like for us? Can't wait to find out! One thing's for sure, I can't wait to have some little boy things around here...:)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys. It's fun to have a little boy around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we can tell you all about boys... Actually, they aren't so much different from girls, it is more that every child is a different person. And you already know that, so all you have to do is get rid of all the pink clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, we are very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! How very exciting for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're excited, too! This will make 6 boys and 6 girls in the grandchild count. I'm thinking of getting matching t-shirts for the grandchildren. They could say "a dozen cousins". I told Gabby on Sunday that there would be a dozen cousins at the beach this summer. She said, "Oh, more than that because of all the new babies."
    Lots of love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! I like that "dozen cousins". Should put them in a donut box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting! Little boys are fun, I'm pretty fond of mine. He loves to growl at me and climb on everything in sight! We're excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete