Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hail Storm

We had quite a hailstorm in March. I remember the wind was really bad and the sky was black when the storm first arrived and I was worried about tornadoes even though they are really rare here. Then came the hail and I was very close to sending my family to the basement! But I grabbed my camera, checked the weather station and took pictures instead. I'm glad I did! It was fun! I hadn't seen hail like this in a while.

It was still hailing when I opened the front door to try to get a picture. Some of it bounced in and Gabby grabbed a piece to show me.

The ground was white with little balls of pea sized ice.

The street also flooded quite a bit.



And some video from just after the storm passed. You can see how black the sky got.


No comments:

Post a Comment