Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure

It is official. This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ are invested in community-based breast health programs and breast cancer research. The research funded focuses on decreasing breast cancer incidence and mortality in the next decade.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. So I need help. If you can, please consider making a donation. Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can donate online by just clicking on the Donate link in my 3-Day for the Cure widget on the side of my blog page and it will link you directly to my donation page. Or go to The3Day.org and search for me. You can donate anything you like. You can even do a payment plan if you’d like to donate more and pay over the course of 2-4 months. And don’t forget to check on your employers donation match policy too! You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.

Without a cure, one person will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment