Thursday, January 28, 2010

What kids hear

This morning we were getting ready to go to Samantha’s preschool field trip and I was explaining to Katherine that we were going somewhere to play. Samantha and I both have orange preschool t-shirts that we wear to field trips. The last and only time we wore them was to the pumpkin patch in October. Katherine came along on that field trip as well. She remembers the playground they had there.

So, she hears, “we’re going somewhere to play” and she see’s our orange shirts and asks excitedly: “we’re going to pun-kin patch?”

me: “no, we’re going to Bounce U”

Katherine very excitedly: “Yay! Bounce me! Bounce me!”

I thought that was so funny. I’d heard Samantha say the same thing when she was telling daddy about her upcoming field trip a few days ago.

“We’re going to Bounce Me on Thursday for our preschool field trip.”

Gotta love those little minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment