Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Valentine’s Cakes and Banner of Honor

For those who have read my previous post you know I have a lot of money to raise. I have a few ideas and hope I can implement them.

First, I just want to say I am doing this because I want to do something big this year that means a lot to me. Something that will not only help me to get in shape but also have meaning. I had previously wanted to do a marathon but in light of current family events, I want to do this thing in Susan’s honor. We love her and will miss her greatly.

If there is anyone who would like to join me I would love to have some camaraderie. You can join as a crew member - $90 fee, 4 day commitment but no fundraising commitment, or as a walker - $90 fee, 3-day commitment and $2300 fundraising commitment. This one is in Philadelphia October 15-17, 2010.

I am eager to raise this amount not only because it will be a great thing for a great cause but also because if I don’t meet it I won’t be able to walk it.

I also hate to just ask for money so I am offering a couple services for each donation. See below (there are two):

Valentine’s Cakes!!!

For the month of February to anyone living in NJ/Newark DE/Elkton MD area.

For your $25 donation I will bake you a 10 inch heart shaped cake! If I get enough orders for Newark/Elkton I can bring several up. This is great for Valentine’s Day but why not celebrate Valentine’s anytime of the month. I won’t guarantee a Valentine’s delivery but depending on schedule and how many orders I get I’ll do my best.

Please make a selection from below and email me njladybug2@verizon.net or via facebook:

Cake flavors: chocolate, white, strawberry

Icing: chocolate buttercream, white or pink vanilla buttercream

I ask that the donations for these be submitted online. That will make it easiest for all. You can click on the link at the side of my blog page or search for me at The3day.org.

Please pass the word to your friends. It’s for a great cause!

Honor/Memorial Banner!!

For those who don’t live near me as well as those who do, I will be carrying a banner in the walk that will have personalized hearts attached to it. The banner will be a light fabric with appliquéd hearts that I will carry around my shoulders while I walk (like a hug). I will probably make a small quilt with it after the event to remember it by.

$25 will buy a heart that I will either send you so you can write a note or I can write it for you.

The notes are to honor those who have survived cancer or who have been taken by it. I am not picky as to the type of cancer – cancer is a killer/scary/terrible/life altering force in whatever form it takes – but do know that the donations are going to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure fund. I will carry those names and notes with me for all of those 60 miles.

For any of Susan’s family who want to donate, and anyone else for which there are several people wanting to honor one person, your personal note to that person will make this banner even more meaningful.

If you would like to send me a name or a note please email me njladybug2@verizon.net or via facebook.

I ask that the donations for these be submitted online. That will make it easiest for all. You can click on the link at the side of my blog page or search for me at The3day.org.

If you have mulitple names to submit – offer whatever you wish for them after the $25 and let me know how many. Note: you can make payments via a payment plan for 2-4 months.

Please pass the word to your friends. It’s for a great cause! I’d love to include names and notes from your friends who know someone. Ask around in your wards or at work.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica... that is such a great thing to be doing! I wish that I could do it with you. How long do you have to raise the money?

    ReplyDelete