Friday, February 26, 2010

Baybeach – Monday August 11, 2009 Part II

After taking a round in the canoe the kids got out to do a little swimming in the bay. Katherine had seen Gabby in the water already and wanted to go in. Here they are having a good time.

Gabby is a little fish. And so flexible! She picks up her foot and brings it to her face as if it were nothing! (I think she must have stepped on a shell or something there and was examining her foot.)

They are so brave. Me, I’m a chicken. One year there were a lot  of jellyfish in the bay and since then I haven’t liked to venture past my knees into the bay. Maybe I should get over that fear huh? But, I’m also happy standing on the shore taking their pictures.

Here’s a series of them playing in the water.

Look! A mermaid sighting!

August 2009 084  

Mermaids Lucy and Gabby having fun in the water.

August 2009 049 

Alan and Katherine. She really really loved going in the water. She just had to have the floaty.

August 2009 096 August 2009 093

 

 

 

 

 

August 2009 094

And they’ve had enough.

 August 2009 088

Playing at the bay beach:

Katherine is adorable in the way-too-big for her life jacket. Check out her extremely curly hair. Just like her dad the salt air does wonders for her curls! It is so very cute!

August 2009 060 August 2009 059

Uncle Rich taking some of the kids for a tug in the tug boat…I mean raft.

August 2009 050 

A series of pictures of Alan and Katherine that I love.

August 2009 051 August 2009 052 August 2009 054

Our videographer-slash-really-cool-uncle Manahi rarely gets his picture taken so I snapped a couple of him in action. (I wonder how that picture turned out…)

August 2009 055 August 2009 056

I love this one of Samantha and her cousins in the raft.

August 2009 057 

And after a very fun morning I think Samantha is done and ready to go back to the house for some well earned lunch!

 August 2009 092

Back at the Beach house:

Joseph was being really cute, looking around, listening to sounds and just happy so I grabbed my camera. You can see the extreme interest in his face. He really wanted to be part of all the fun!

He had his first smiles this week. I think starting this day even. Here is a glimpse of one. They were hard to catch and I didn’t manage to. Mainly because when he did smile I was busy scooping him up and giving him hugs. My heart just melted! I think he was inspired by his (only a week older) cousin Derek who was plenty smiley!

August 2009 104

Note his shirt says “A Dozen Cousins”. He is the 12th grandchild. There were four grandchildren at the beach this year that weren’t born yet last year – Ainsley, Levi, Derek and Joseph. It was an amazing year for grandchildren!! (And for the grandparents!)

August 2009 099 August 2009 101

And yes, he has a suntan. It is really cute but I realized I needed to be more careful of him in the sun the rest of the week.

August 2009 102 August 2009 103

No comments:

Post a Comment